Saturday, May 31, 2014

Saying goodbye

This month has been full of hard goodbyes and wonderful hellos. Each family we visit becomes such a part of who we are and forever changes our lives. As we prepare to say our Final goodbye today I'm even more sad that there won't be any more hellos. Each family I have stayed with has had a completely different dynamic and personality so I have been able to experience so many different things here. I can't even begin to say thank you enough to all the people who made this possible. I am so blessed and overwhelmed by the generosity I have experienced this month. It truly is a once in a lifetime experience. Thank you everyone for helping support me. Thank you to my team for being great and thank you to the German team for making our time even more interesting. Thank you rotary for supporting me. Thank you to my parents for helping me make arrangements for his trip. Thank you to my friends and colleagues and students for helping out at school. And a special thank you to everyone we have met along our journey here. This month wouldn't have been the same without any of you. I'm so blessed and happy to have known each and every one of you. Until we meet again you will be forever in my thoughts. And if you decide to visit the United States you will always have a place in my home. Hasta luego. 

No comments:

Post a Comment