Thursday, May 15, 2014

Public Library Visit

Today I had the pleasure of visiting Biblioteca Jose ingenieros, the public library in 9 de Julio. I immediately felt at home with the warm reception from the librarians. Volunteers were busily covering new books and computers hummed in the background. I spotted my favorite titles on the shelves and was delighted to see pillows and mats in the children's area for a comfortable story time. The librarians and I got time to learn about the similarities and differences in our libraries and laughed about the ever dwindling book budget and the rise of the digital age. Even though they spoke Spanish and I spoke English it was comforting to know we were speaking the same language when it came to our profession.

2 comments:

  1. Que foto bueno! You truly look at home in that setting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you got to visit a library!

    ReplyDelete