Friday, May 9, 2014

Week 2

So today we traveled to 9 de Julio. It was difficult to say goodbye to the friends we made in Jose C Paz, but we have been welcomed so wonderfully by our new host families. 9 de Julio is a beautiful city with lots of green space and wonderful people. For the second week my host family speaks no English, but my Spanish is getting better. I understand a lot and gestures and body language fill in the gaps. We had a fantastic tour of the imaging center in town followed by a tour of the public hospital. And lunch in between. Empenadas are fantastic. I think I've gained back any weight I had previously lost. We will be treated to a musical show later tonight followed by a quiet night with our host families. I am looking forward to getting to know them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment